This documentation is still under heavy development. Many sections still
need to be written; others are written but have yet to be converted to
DocBook format. You can find older documentation on the FTP site.
Peter Housel has been instrumental in converting this documentation to
SGML format. However, our DSSSL stylesheets still need some debugging, and
occasionally omit various forms of credit (such as chapter authors). To
ensure that credit is given where credit is due, the descriptions below
include authorship information.
All SGML-based documents are available in two forms: all on one
HTML file, or one HTML page per section.
See also learning Dylan, your
first stop when you’re new to the
language. Tutorials, introductions, articles.
General Dylan Docs
- Dylan Reference Manual
[paper, US$41.95] (Errata)
- The official definition of the Dylan language and standard library.
Gwydion Dylan Docs
- Gwydion Dylan User’s
Manual (split version)
- The user’s guide for Gwydion. This includes a brief
tutorial on creating and compiling Dylan programs, plus a
reference for the d2c compiler and other tools. (Written mostly by Gwydion
Group at CMU.)
- Gwydion Dylan Maintainer’s Manual
- Reference material describing the internals of various tools. Quite
helpful if you’re working on d2c or Mindy. (Written mostly by Gwydion Group
- d2c API
documentation (split version)
- Reference material describing the internals of d2c, the Gwydion
Dylan compiler. (Written by Neel Krishnaswami.)
- Gwydion Dylan Library Reference
- Documentation for the various libraries included with Gwydion
Dylan. (Written mostly by Gwydion Group at CMU.)
Open Dylan Docs
- Open Dylan
- The original Functional Developer documentation at Functional
Objects’ website. This documentation still applies to Open Dylan and
a lot of the libraries documentation also applies to Gwydion Dylan
since GD either implements compatible APIs, such as Common Dylan and
C-FFI, or uses the libraries provided by Open Dylan.
This is the documentation for Gwydion Dylan 2.0. We have translated
all the old manuals to DylanDoc (a variant of Docbook), so the above
links should be complete and more up-to-date. For historical reasons,
and in case we’ve missed a detail in the translation, here are the
- Gwydion Dylan 2.0 Reference
- Covers Mindy and the standard libraries in great detail.
- Gwydion Dylan 2.0 Documentation Index
- The original documentation index from CMU’s web site. Note that many
of these links are broken.
[ Learning Dylan ]